Everything you always wanted to know about Herb Pickett's spectroscopy programs
but were afraid to ask
Well, I am sure that not all of your problems regarding Herb's programs will be solved after having gone through all the documentations and examples, but hopefully some aspects will have become a bit clearer.
While it is not necessary to be an expert in spectroscopy or pickettology in order to use his programs successfully a certain knowledge of spectroscopy and a tad of abstract thinking may be useful.
At some point later we intend to include information on some other programs that we are using . . .
Programs, examples, tips, and documentations
- Herb Pickett's documentation for the CALPGM program suite from July 20, 2004 with installation instructions and links to SPFIT/SPCAT and DPFIT/DPCAT. Several changes and corrections have been made; some of the major changes have been documented briefly.
- Herb Pickett's documentation for SPCAT and SPFIT from April 26, 2006.
- Herb Pickett's documentation for DPCAT and DPFIT from July 9, 2005.
- Remarks on the coding of the parameters.
- Examples for the SPFIT/SPCAT programs available on the computer HERA. Unfortunately, at present several README files are in German. Please send an e-mail to me if you are in need of more details on the data, the fit, etc.
- Source codes, Makefile etc., in general written in C. A zip file is also available.
Nov. 2007: New program versions are available. They have been tested to some extent. Care is advised with less commonly used features as there is a chance that they have not yet been tested with the most recent version. Background on the changes. Old source codes will still be available !
If you have any questions, comments, etc. please send an e-mail to hspm(At)ph1(Dot)uni-koeln(Dot)de.